Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Emphasis

For this assignment we were asked to choose an image and pick one aspect of the image to emphasize using color or value. I found this image of a little girl and was immediately captivated by the color of her eyes and lips. I knew right away that I wanted to emphasize them.

Orginal Image:
After Emphasizing:

I worked in photoshop to edit this image. I decided to use color and value when editing this picture. As our book states, Color is an extremely effective tool when it comes to making one element stand out above others and value (the relative light-to-dark measure of a specific hure) can also be used to bring notice to one element above others. I made the entire photo black and white except for her eyes and lips, I think this really makes the colors pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment